Bardzo ważne informacje
RESULTS OF THE JAN KARSKI INSTITUTE OF WAR LOSSES SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
One of this year's initiatives of the Jan Karski Institute of War Losses was the scholarship programme "Poland's War Losses". The call for papers began on 18 May this year, and the programme attracted great interest.
Scholarships were awarded for:
- carrying out research (aimed at comprehensively establishing and describing the effects of the Second World War),
- study visits to Poland,
- research at home and abroad, and
- popularisation and educational projects.
By decision of the Commission, scholarships were awarded to:
- Grzegorz Barczykowski,
- Dr. (hab.) Adam Dziurok,
- Prof. Dr. (hab.) Maciej Franz,
- Dr. (hab.) Tomasz Gajownik,
- Dr. Alicja Jarkowska,
- Dr. Barbara Jundo-Kaliszewska,
- Tomasz Korban,
- Dr. Liubomyr Khakhula,
- Apolinary Rzońca,
- Prof. Dr. (hab.) Andrzej Synowiec,
- Prof. Dr. (hab.) Ewa Syska,
- Dr. Dariusz Węgrzyn, and
- Dr. Anna Żeglińska.
On 3-4 October, the Director of the Institute, Prof. Konrad Wnęk, met with most of those who had been awarded the Institute's scholarship. In the course of these discussions, they received the grant decision. It was also an opportunity to exchange thoughts, ideas, and expectations regarding further activities in a fruitful meeting for all sides concerned.